HARAMBEE STARLETS JOURNEY TO MOROCCO CONTINUES...

Harambee Starlets astounded Indomitable at Nyayo Stadium in a tightly contested WAFCON qualifier.

It is noon I have closed my work place in Kayole Junction to go and support the Kenyan Ladies.My third time it was  having previously watched them mauling Bright Starlets , I hit the road to Nairobi CBD commonly known as "town", boarded a bus...Kangundo road was smooth...I was in the Capital.๐Ÿ“ทSheryl Angachi celebrating after scoring the winning penalty 

I trekked my way to Nyayo calmly thinking how we are going to come up victors versus the West Africa team who were leading by a solitary goal.At exactly 1:35PM was within the Stadium premises, ...maybe ask why Early as they "mapema ndio best " also to avoid unnecessary rushing made my way to the seating area...these time in the VIP. 

I  sitted tight as fans trickled in full numbers just to watch the Super players as the game was absolutely free ,full of confidence we were going to win and proceed to the next round.

From a distance I could see Moraa, Arnold and Dizzo making way to the stadium and I knew the "Football KE" family was well presented.
Warm ups done was so elated to see Jentrix, Phoebe ,Mango, Vivian and Dogo all in the starting lineup without disremembering the Maestro Angachii one of the reasons I could not miss the game...

 After hours of waiting the action was on Starlets looking so dangerous in early  minutes... my rage started peeping in when Corazone could not play the set pieces to the level I wanted and how I wished Cynthia was on the pitch ,to take them but I  was only a fan in the stands I kept on saying to the  gentlemen around me only if Shilwatso was in we could be ahead.
 
Half time approached so fast but I was still optimistic ... during the break you Coould see the "Football KE" banner a fans intiatiaive to bring more fans to our stadiums glittering from that other end and I knew family was here full force ...

 Seecond half  a do or die half for our girls was on ...Engesha out Wambui In ,finally goals seemed to be coming with Mwanalima knocking on the Cameroon compact defense door but nothing.Finally Cynthia was In then Nanjala and Ngairah for Aquino and Jentrix,the game changed  desperately looking for a goal 15 minutes to play left  Nanjala won a freeckick ,Shilwatso on the ball I knew it was In my instincts were right and I told my neighbors "ndio hiyo bao ". "Goooaaal"  Nyayo erupted the noise from home fans filled the stadium the scattering Cameroon fans were all quite.Cheering crowd made the celebrations extra special.

Cameroon ladies did not give up they kept on attacking looking for a consoling goal an away goal the could have saved them , Ajara Nchout the Inter Milan Women player  had a few good chances but thanks to the brilliant saves from Kundu to deny her. ๐Ÿ“ทMwanalima and other players appreciating the fans for the support 

Full time aggregate 1-1  a draw and it only meant penalties were going to be the decider of the match I was assured we are going to win ,Cameroon scored the first one , then Fantastic captain Ingosi missed the beginner for Kenya but hope was still there Annedy could save one and she did it with the Lionesses second kick ... Nanjala with a good and we were still on the game Lionesses missed the third and it was advantage Kenya, I could smell the victory Angachi finished off the last penalty and "yeeeeessssss"Kenya were onto the next round how elated I was, I could not hesitate but join the dancing crowd hands holding fare and phone "(hahahahaha)"I danced to the rhythm of the dramas ...Full of sweat I departed the crowd  and met Moraa taking photos on the edge of the field and she had  good news reminded me to collect my FKF Media Accreditation card what lovely day ...A chat with Starlets  goalkeeper Annedy Kundu after the posts match press what a way to end a way to end the beautiful day and on my way out met Ogor the best photographer. 

 Eventually strolled out through gate B exit I was off to Kayole full of joy ... my face could not hide . 

HARAMBEE STARLETS vs Botswana on November 27 and December 5 all I can catch sight of is WAFCON 2024 in Morocco we are Harambee Starlets. Congratulations to the Harambee Starlets for making my day ...

Dancan Oluoch Mboya
0112018554(Mpesa number for support)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GABON VS KENYA WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS

REMARKABLY ODADA WAS DESTINED FOR STARS

INDOMITABLE LIONESSES, HARAMBEE STARLETS CLASH